Tuesday 4 February 2014

The Real Black Forest! Really?

Black Forest - A region in Germany! It was much talked about among my friends and a long pending for me.Now since Venkat has a license and its something we can do by drive - why not?? And with a 5 month old baby and an old MIL- perfect time! But this was the first trip of my life where it went very slow ; not according to plan but yet fun . We went along with a group of friends . My husband explained to me its called Black forest since the deeper the forest and the taller the trees - its really Black!! The drive was really smooth and going into small towns and villages really made it look beautiful. The first day ; the sun was really bright and it was some good weather. We drove to the Titsee falls which was just good. The cuckoo clock place and the town of cuckoo clock. My only excitement was to watch the biggest and oldest cuckoo clock. Even though I missed the cuckoo'ing of one ; my husband made it for another and to admit it was nothing big but to me it was must watcher!! We tasted the original black forest cake which i really dint like since I am more used to the customized version. It was an early pack up day for us and we needed it :) The next day we started off really late with a proper heavy break fast and it was a perfect rainy day ! But magic happened and by noon we visited small towns around the Black forest area which had breathtaking views; old churches - a town called Recheinau ! Walking along the vineyards was a new experience to me!! The last day was more of pack up and we visited the Heidelberg castle which was not a must do at al!! But we did it . Climbing the stairs was really tiring! It was a good trip ; but not a great one! but yes the place is ticked :)

No comments:

Post a Comment